By: Marian Evans, award-winning Entrepreneur, Business Coach & Founder of Elevate BC. https://www.instagram.com/marianevansuk/
Marian Evans was recently awarded inspirational businesswoman of the decade.
She is a UK business coach and advisor for top-tier executives. Business coach Marian Evans is sought after for her ability to unlock people’s A-game and to set themselves higher goals whilst giving them a clear roadmap on how to get there. She is also one of only five individuals in Wales awarded the Fellowship of the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Below Marian lists her 5 leadership lessons which she has learnt during her 20 years in business as an industry leader.
- You can’t control people’s behaviour, you have to inspire it.
- Don’t make yourself smaller to make yourself fit in. Expand your environment to match your potential and growth.
- Empathy is key to effective leadership.
- You will get things wrong. But it doesn’t need to hold you back.
- The sooner you can self-validate your vision, the quicker you can share it with others and see it become a reality.
And I’m still learning. That’s an attitude central to any kind of growth; an acceptance that you will never know it all…
I love listening to and speaking with other like-minded leaders. Exchanging knowledge and experience is what keeps me thinking differently and reviewing my perspectives or approaches.
As an advisor and coach to top executives and a multiple business owner, I owe it to clients to stay agile and open in my thinking.
What about you; who are you learning from as you build your career or business?