By: Catherine Way- Marketing Manager at Prime Plus Mortgages: Mortgage
Every business owner knows that a website is essential to success. As one of the first touchpoints with customers a good website can make or break a sale. In order to get customers to your site, you need to use SEO for your business.
By using SEO you can easily rank your business for top keywords that drive customers to your website. Business owners can easily use SEO in their website to grow their business.SEO or search engine optimization is how many companies get their businesses to show for search results online. When customers search, businesses use SEO to rank for these keywords or queries to direct customers to their sites. By using these keywords on your site, you can show relevant searches in these categories.
There are many factors for SEO that determine how a site ranks. SEO doesn’t need to be complicated. Using these SEO basics you can start ranking your business in search engines faster than ever.
Did you know that potential customers are searching for a business like yours right now? Millions of searches are made everyday in google, and these searches can lead customers directly to your business.
The first step for a business looking to improve their SEO is keyword research. By finding these topics, and specific keywords you can craft a more compelling site for your customers. You can use any number of free keyword research tools to find the right keywords for your business.
Here are some simple tips to identify some top keywords for your website:
- Identity Top Topics and Individual Keywords: No matter your business or industry, you know the top terms for your business. Make a short list of these topics to create a draft of potential keywords. Take your top terms into a keyword research tool to get a list of potential keywords.
- Difficulty: Any keyword research tool will list the difficulty and monthly traffic for a keyword. Lower difficulty keywords will be easier to rank for as there is less competition for these keywords.
- Monthly Traffic: Ranking for keywords that have no searches will not help you grow you business. The higher the monthly traffic the more potential customers coming to your site, but may be harder to rank depending on the difficulty.
Keyword intent is another great way to find customers. Keyword types can vary by other
The right keywords with proper keyword research you can find keywords that customers are looking for, but help you close a sale.
There are three basic types of search query:
- Informational – searches performed to answer questions or learn something. These are great for blog content.
- Navigational – searches performed to locate a specific website.
- Transactional – searches performed to buy something.
You can use the following to determine the right keywords for your SEO strategy. These keywords can be used to help build your content for your website and improve your SEO for your business.
Knowing that you know how to find and identify the keywords for your business you can begin to optimize your sites on-page SEO. This is one of the easiest ways to integrate SEO, as it just requires you to update your website. On-page SEO is simply making sure that your website signals the right keywords you want your business to rank for.
On-page SEO takes every aspect of your site into consideration, from the text you use to headlines, pictures, links, and more. A lot of your website can be optimized for SEO very easily with the right mix of keywords.
Every page of your website should have a different focus keyword. You can use the keywords you’d like to rank for in a variety of ways on your website. Some of the best places to use keywords for your site are:
- Page titles Or Headings
- Meta descriptions
- Page content
- SEO Images and other multimedia elements
You can incorporate keywords into your website to help direct customers to your business. From home pages, service pages, blogs and more.
Page Content: if you search for bookstores and you are directed to a clothing store, you would not be happy with that result. Therefore search engines use the page content to determine if you site is relevant for these searches
- Blog content
- Internal links
- External links
Search engines require more than just keywords on a page to rank your website. Thankfully there are page and website signals you can make to improve your ranks. After you mix your keywords into your website, there’s still some easy fixes you can do to improve your website.
Page experience is a variety of factors that search engines use to ensure you have a quality site. By having these features you can not only provide a good page experience and improve your SEO.
To improve your page experience you should make the following improvements:
- Page Speed
- Mobile Friendly
- Site Security
These factors signal to customers and your search engine that your site is secure, safe, and easy to use. Search engines take these page experience factors to rank your site as trustworthy, or safe for users. According to a Kissmetrics infographic, if a page takes longer than 3 seconds to load, over a quarter of users will click away and choose a different search result .According to research carried out by Hubspot, 82% stated that they would leave a website that is not secure.
Your website is one of the first ways your customers interact with your business. Not only are these factors important for search engines, but can make or break potential sales from site visitors. By providing easy, safe, and fast experience customers you can build trust with new customers.
In our digital age – having a website is a must for any small business. Any start-up needs a website to maximize its sales. Having a website is also a great way to market your business.
With the right SEO strategy you can direct potential customers to your business, and tell search engines to rank your website for people searching for your business. By combining the following SEO basics you can start your business on the right foot.
SEO basics for Every Business:
- Keywords: Everyday millions of searches are made using keywords. These keywords can direct potential clients to your business. Utilize a mix of keywords on your website , blogs, images and more.
- On-Page SEO: With a bit of technical SEO you can optimize your website for the keywords you want to rank for. Make sure to use keywords in your content, headings, images, and meta description to ensure search engines know how to rank your site.
- Page Experience: Create a website experience that customers want to come back to! Search engines use security, page speed, and ease of use to rank your business. By creating a safe, and seamless website you can improve your ranks and your business.
Are you using these SEO basics for your website?
About the Author: Catherine Way is the Marketing Manager at Prime Plus Mortgages: Mortgage Notes For Sale . She has created content for the following industries: Real Estate, Mortgage, Finance, Business, Real Estate Investing and many more.